We are starting a WordPress course from basic to advanced but before starting we have to know about WordPress, that what is WordPress. WordPress is a CMS (Content Management System). In WordPress, users can create websites without coding. In this digital world it is necessary to have a website for business. Website can be developed in Programming languages, but some users might want to develop a website who have no coding skills then there come a content management system link WordPress.
WordPress makes it easy for people to start an online business. Because a Website can be built without coding. Currently 40% of websites use WordPress which is quite a huge amount. You will be learning WordPress from start to end in this WordPress Course.
Technical Introduction of WordPress
WordPress is an open-source CMS (Content Management System) released in May 27, 2003 and it is under License GPLv2.
GPLv2 License means that anyone can modify and edit it.
Languages used in WordPress
It means that if someone wants to become a WordPress developer and develop their own plugins then will need to learn these languages. Or without learning this users can manage a website.
What can be developed in WordPress
Sky’s the limit. You can make from a simple blog to complex e-commerce websites.
- Blog Website
- e-commerce Website
- Forum Website
- Social Media Website
- Membership Website
- Portfolio Website
- Resume and much more.
Why use WordPress
There are a lot of reasons due to which WordPress should be used. WordPress is an open source and free to use, any developer can contribute in WordPress and currently Automatic company is managing WordPress.
- Well documented ( WordPress is well documented and everything is clear and easy to understand)
- Free to use (WordPress is open source and free to use)
- Secure (WordPress is secure and WordPress developers follow standards in theme and plugin development to make it secure)
- Easy to manage ( WordPress website can be easily managed)
- Large community (Will get support form community if you have some problem because 40% websites use WordPress)
- Plugins available for every problem (If you want to add some custom functionality to a website, then it can be done by WordPress Plugins)
- Flexible ( Easy installation, updating, migration and backup)
- Easy SEO ( SEO of WordPress based websites is easy and can rank fast in Google with plugins like Yoast SEO, Math Rank etc.)
Same tools like WordPress
There are other Content Management Systems like WordPress but there are some limitations in that, some are only related to specific types of Website like blogging etc. But WordPress offers all functionalities at once, some major tools which are most like WordPress are here.
- Magento (For e-commerce store)
- Shopify (For e-commerce store)
- CMS Hub
- Blogger (For Blog)
- Medium (For Blog)
Who Can use WordPress
Individuals and Companies both can use WordPress. And also technical like programmers and non technical people who don’t know programming can use WordPress.
Users can develop personal websites in WordPress and can also learn WordPress as a skill to work on other’s projects and earn good money.
Developers can develop different WordPress themes and plugins according to market and client needs. If developers want to contribute in WordPress Core Code, then developers can contribute.
For non technical
Non technical users who do not know programming can use WordPress without coding and can make websites in WordPress.
WordPress course from basic to advance learning outcome
In this WordPress course from basic to Advanced, you will learn everything about WordPress with customization and live examples.
- WordPress Installation
- WordPress on local-host
- Themes in WordPress
- WordPress Plugins
- Demo importing
- Front-end customization
- Back-end customization
- Theme development
- Plugin Development
So stay connected with us and learn WordPress!
Before exploring WordPress in details first we have to know about domain and hosting. Because these things are the basic requirements for any Website.